Women Innovators for Social Business in Europe. WiSE
The WISE objective is to develop, deploy and assess experimental pedagogical plans based on appealing and instructive e-learning methodologies and communities for stimulating development of skills required to turn ideas into Social Business. It fulfils the objective of the LLP programme by contributing to the development of the EU as an advanced knowledge-based society by addressing the contribution of lifelong learning to social cohesion, active sense of European citizenship, intercultural dialogue, gender equality and personal fulfilment, and helping promote creativity, competitiveness, employability and foment of an entrepreneurial spirit. The outcomes from WISE extensive deployment – to the best of our knowledge the first of its type in the EU – will provide precious experimental information for research and executive education.
WISE will facilitate women the knowledge and tools in order to become social innovators and solve challenges in their community. The WISE objective is to elaborate and extend an integral training programme based on cutting-edge methodologies and an experiential pedagogical plan with a user centred perspective and to develop an interactive e-community.
The initiative starts from a clear need to generate innovative ideas in an interactive community that allows women with work experience and willing to start-up socially-focussed projects to ideate and plan them as effective social businesses.
The concrete objectives of the program include:
- To promote knowledge about social innovation
- To break barriers between knowledge and practice by immersing participants in real social innovation projects
- To create local and international networks around social innovation involving practitioners, experts and students from different fields
- To promote an interdisciplinary and systemic approach to social innovation
- To enhance leadership and managerial skills needed for successful social innovation.
The expected results will be
- Women innovators ready to launch a social enterprise
- A stimulated local and international community to exchange ideas on social innovation
The main target stakeholders identified for this project are the following three.
1. Women who aspire to be entrepreneurs/innovators in social business.
This is the main target group and beneficiary of WISE.
2. Existing Social Business SMEs.
3. Training and education institutions
WISE is composed by a mix of university and non-university partners as well as a mix of public and private partners:
- ESADE, Business School specialised on Business Management and development of social entrepreneurial skills. Spain
- University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Freims OG,Austria
- Association for promotion of social innovations Hub Zagreb, Croatia
- DEŠA- Dubrovnik, Croatia
Wise project is funded by the EU through the Erasmus +, Lifelong Learning Programme
Wise project is co-funded by the Government Office for Cooperation with NGOs