On the occasion of the Day of the City of Dubrovnik and the day of St. Blaise, patron saint of Dubrovnik, on February 2nd 2013, the meeting of the City Council was held in Marin Držić theater. At the meeting participated: the Croatian Deputy Prime Minister – Ms Milanka Opačić, Minister of Culture – Ms Andrea Zlatar Violić, President of the Croatian Parliament – Mr Josip Leko and heads of city and county government.
This year, on the occasion of the Festival of St. Blaise, the six prizes of the City of Dubrovnik were awarded and one Life Achievement Award.
Msgr. Želimir Puljić, the Archbishop from Zadar, was awarded a Life Achievement Award.
General Ante Gotovina was named as an honorary citizen of the City of Dubrovnik.
The awards for outstanding contribution to the promotion of the City of Dubrovnik were given to:
• A non-profit organization Libertas Foundation from San Pedro – in whose name the award took Jany Hansal , president of Deša – Dubrovnik.
• Caritas of Diocese of Dubrovnik – the award was taken by the director of Caritas, Don Robert Čibarić
• Vedran Benić – journalist and writer
• Marina Sršen – for humanitarian work
• Paola Dražić Zekić – for achievements in the field of education