DESA-Dubrovnik is the holder of the project “Urban planning 4 citizens” in partnership with the Institute of GIS, the City of Dubrovnik, Jakovlje Municipality and Cektra from Slovenia. The project is funded by the European Union under the IPA Component I – Transition Assistance and Institution Building, and the Office for Cooperation with NGOs and through the call IPA 2011 strengthening the role of civil society in enhancing transparency and good governance in state administration of Croatia. The main objective of the project is to contribute to the strengthening of dialogue and participatory democracy among civil society organizations, the public and local governments in the preparation and development of spatial plans.
Within this project we want to:
- Increase public awareness through increased accessibility and understanding of spatial plans, with the help of new technologies
- Develop the dialogue between CSOs and local authorities, through the strengthening of the principles of transparency and good governance in the field of spatial planning
The main result of the project is the Urban Planning Portal – an interactive and educational GIS portal that will allow better communication of local authorities, civil society organizations and citizens in the field of spatial planning.
In order to achieve the objectives of the project and prepare all stakeholders in the community for the opportunities that will offer Urban planning portal, we will organize a several educational activities:
- Lecture: “The legal framework of spatial planning and the right to information access” (the general public)
- Lecture “Spatial plans and public participation” (the general public)
- Lecture ” E-Government and the role of CSOs – Slovenian experience” (the general public)
- Workshop on GIS in spatial planning (for CSOs and JLS)
Lectures will be held on May 11th 2015, at the premises of the Jakovlje Municipality (Adele Sixta 2), starting at 4:00 p.m.
If you are interested please confirm your participation by APPLICATION, not later than May 8th 2015. The number of participants is limited.