- DEŠA – Dubrovnik je sudjelovala na redovitom sastanku Regionalnog programa STEP koji se održao 15.12.2015. u Splitu.
- DEŠA – Dubrovnik je sudjelovala na osnivačkoj sjednici Partnerskog vijeća Dubrovačko – neretvanske županije koja se održala u petak 11.12.2015. u 10 h, čiji član je predsjednica udruge DEŠA.
- DEŠA – Dubrovnik je sudjelovala na radionici u sklopu natječaja kojeg provodi Ministarstvo finansija Crne Gore naziva “Youth, Women and Long-term Unemployed in the Labour Market”, a održala se u Podgorici 10. prosinca 2015.
- DEŠA – Dubrovnik je sudjelovala na dvodnevnom seminaru “Inovativnim projektima ka održivom razvoju” u organizaciji udruge Cenzura plus koji se održao u Splitu 8. i 9. prosinca 2015.
- Throughout this year Deša-Dubrovnik has carried out the project „Urban Planning 4 Citizens“. Our partners in the project are Institute for Geographical Information System (GIS), Department for urbanism, spacial planning and environmental protection, Jakovlje Community and CEKTRA Institute from Slovenia. In a simple and inventive way we have presented the meaning of urban planning and created communication between public, civil society organizations (OCD) and local authorities (JLS). Although certain ways of public involvement exist, participation of public is insufficient and untimely as a result of lack of public awareness on the importance of urban planning for quality of life, as well as the lack of knowledge how to use the existing mechanism to realize their rights but also unavailability and lack of understanding of urbanistic plans.
Urban planning as an interdisciplinary activity is institutional and technical form of managing urban dimension of sustainability which defines purposes of development of activities, their distribution in space, conditions for improvement and urbanistic reconstruction of developed areas as well as conditions of realization of interventions planned in space. All these activities are based on assessment of development possibilities in order to retain spatial characteristics and requirements of protection of the environment/areas. more info
- DEŠA – Dubrovnik je sudjelovala na radionici u sklopu otvorenog natječaja “Priprema i provedba Integriranih razvojnih programa temeljenih na obnovi kulturne baštine” u organizaciji Ministarstva regionalnoga razvoja i fondova Europske unije u suradnji sa Ministarstvom kulture koja se održala u Splitu 30.11.2015.
- Deša-Dubrovnik participated int he seminar „How to start development project sin local communities and finance them from EU funds“. The seminar took place in Dubrovnik from 26 to 28 November and was organized by the association Cenzura Plus
- DEŠA – Dubrovnik took part in the assembly of Croatian women network held in Zagreb on 26 November, 2015.
- As a part of the project „Urban planning 4 citizens“ financed by EU within IPA I. component – Help in transition and building up institutions, carried on by DEŠA and Government Office for Associations, fully realized by DEŠA – Dubrovnik, different workshops were organized from 23. – 25.11.2015. in Zagreb such as “GIS in urban planning“ .Participants have learned the meaning of GIS (Geographical Information System),the way it should be implanted and how it makes easier in understanding urban planning and analyze them using GIS tools. The lectures „CAD2GIS“ and Geoservices“ were held supported by colleagues of the partner association in the project of the GIS Institute. Different tools for easier conversion of data in the required form and model were presented as well as the way of publishing through WMS and WFS service
- DEŠA – Dubrovnik je sudjelovala na seminaru „Međunarodna razvojna suradnja – politike solidarnosti“ koji je organizirala Platforma za međunarodnu građansku solidarnost Hrvatske (CROSOL), čiji je i DEŠA član. Seminar je održan 23 i 25.11.2015 u Zagrebu, 30 sudionika seminara (udruga, predstavnika Ministarstva vanjskih poslova, građana) raspravljalo je o trenutnoj ulozi RH unutar razvojne suradnje EU, o glavnim uspjesima ali i izazovima EU politika razvojne suradnje.
- DEŠA – Dubrovnik je sudjelovala na radionicama „Od neuspješnih projekata do dodjele bespovratnih sredstava“ koje je priredilo Ministarstvo rada i mirovinskog sustava 23-24.11.2015. u Zagrebu. Bila je to prilika da se informiramo o najčešćim greškama prijavitelja projekata ali i da svi sudionici radionica prihvate opće preporuke i zaključke radionica.
- DEŠA – Dubrovnik je sudjelovala 24.11.2015. na Sastanku platforme za ruralni razvoj Jugoistočne Europe koji se održao u Zagrebu uz prisustvo svih partnera uključenih u rad Platforme. Bila je to prilika da se dogovore aktivnosti i zaduženja, predstave promotivni materijali te usuglasi akcijski plan rada za narednih godinu dana.
- Predstavnica DEŠE je sudjelovala na Međunarodnoj konferenciji „Zajedničko naslijeđe za zajedničku budućnost“. Teme panela u okviru konferencije bile su “Promocija, korištenje i očuvanje nematerijalnog i materijalnog naslijeđa kao razvojnog resursa”, “Obnova, zaštita, korištenje i promocija graditeljskog i arheološkog naslijeđa”, “Turizam i naslijeđe: Graditeljsko, arheološko i nematerijalno naslijeđe u razvoju turizma” te “Buduća zajednička suradnja na nacionalnom i regionalnom nivou“. Konferencija se održala u Sarajevu od 19. – 20. studenoga 2015.
- The representative of DESA – Dubrovnik, together with representatives of Lero Theatre and Art Workshop Lazareti participated at the work meeting called The Institutional Pluralism: The Development of Socio- Cultural Centers” from 12th to 14th November 2015. The meeting was held in Zagreb on the premises of Glyptotheque and lasted for three days. We actively participated in all workshops, lectures and discussions based on topic: Socio – Cultural centers that are based on the idea of civil – public partnership and participatory management, being aware of the fact that the lack of cultural and environmental policies would leave vacant places for the establishment of such centers. more info
- DESA – Dubrovnik participated in the final conference of the project ” Women Entrepreneurship – an engine for job creation in South East Europe “, which took place from 12th to 14th November in Split and Sinj. We presented the company DESA Pro Ltd. within the program “Kolo – how to strengthen the local environment” in Sinj on 14th November 2015.
- DESA-Dubrovnik team prepared strategic planning of DESA from 10th to 13th November 2015 where we reviewed the Strategic Plan 2012-2016 and defined the strategic objectives and key priorities for action in the period 2016-2020.
- DESA- Dubrovnik took part in the Days of the creative / cultural industries, which were jointly organized by the Development Agency of the City of Dubrovnik DURA, Art Workshop Lazareti and the Office for the preparation of the candidacy of the city of Dubrovnik for European Capital of Culture in 2020. The days were organized in Dubrovnik from 9th to 13th November 2015. Within the framework of the creative / cultural industries the fair Lazarte was organized where the company DESA pro Ltd. presented its range of products and services.
- DESA – Dubrovnik actively participated in the workshop for members of the Partnership Council for the labor market and human resource development of Dubrovnik – Neretva County, which took place from Monday October 26th to Thursday October 29, 2015. It was an opportunity for all members of the Partnership Council to discuss governance, sustainability and strategic planning in the field of human resources.
- The fourth Good Food Festival was organized by Dubrovnik Tourist Board . DESA – Dubrovnik joined this manifestation by preparing traditional delicates of Dubrovnik region. Workshops were held daily on 24th and 25th October 2015 on DESA’s premises and were highly attended. Many residents of Dubrovnik, but also the tourists have tried to prepare sponge cake, quince cheese, sugar coated almonds , must cake and sugar coated orange peels.
Association for support to victims and witnesses from Vukovar and the Regional Center for community building and civil society development, together with DESA-Dubrovnik, held a meeting on 22nd October 2015 with relevant stakeholders from the community, on the subject “Experiences in working with victims and witnesses of crimes and offenses in the Dubrovnik-Neretva County” with a purpose to present the achievements reached so far and the measures taken in the area of promoting the rights of victims and witnesses of crimes and offenses, networking and exchange of experiences in providing legal and psychosocial support. On 23rd and 24th October 2015 on premises of DESA training for volunteers was organized aiming to teach them how to provide adequate and comprehensive support to victims and witnesses of crimes and offenses..
Since the Dubrovnik-Neretva County hasn’t secured adequate and comprehensive support to victims and witnesses of crimes and offenses, many citizens are deprived in realization of their rights and have no one to turn to for help. Therefore, the Association integrated a system of comprehensive support to victims and witnesses of crimes and offenses into the Regional Centre for community building and development of civil society development – DESA – Dubrovnik to ensure the availability of emotional support and information to all citizens who are in the role of victims or witnesses of crimes and offenses. Telephone Number 116-006 for providing information and advices to victims of crimes and offenses is available on weekdays from 8 to 20 hours. The service is available in Croatian and English by 27 volunteers specially trained in the field of law and psychology.
- DESA – Dubrovnik participated at the 9th Congress of Entrepreneurs of Adriatic – Ionian area “Clusters and networking in women’s entrepreneurship”, which was held from 19th to 20th October 2015 in Udine, Italy.
- DESA – Dubrovnik participated in the round table “Strategy of sustainable development of islands and coastal areas” that took place in Dubrovnik on 16th October 2015 organized by the office of Tonino Picula, member of European Parlament.
- DESA – Dubrovnik participated at the fair “Herzegovinian Fruits of the Mediterranean”, which was held from 9th to 10th October 2015 in Stolac.
- DESA – Dubrovnik hosted passengers of Japanese ship Peace Boat on 3rd October 2015. They spent all day learning how to make traditional sweets and some basics steps of embroidery and weaving were showed. They learned about DESA’s activities, had the opportunity to talk to members of DESA, and exchange experiences and knowledge.
- The 9th Croatian Festival of jams, preserves and marmalades was organized by Desa-Dubrovnik and for the first time this traditional Festival was organized in cooperation with Institute of Mediterranean culture, University of Dubrovnik. Prior the opening of the Festival, examples of 58 fruit products were sent to the Laboratory of the Institute of Mediterranean culture and divided into 4 categories: jam, extra jam, preserve and marmalade. According to the official methods, the share of total sugar was determined as the basic parameter prescribed in the Regulations relating to fruit jams and value pH. Five-member expert committee at the Laboratory for sensory testing of the Institute for Mediterranean culture tasted and assessed each sample. Afterwards, products from all four categories that met all the criteria and were sensory evaluated as the best, were awarded. more info
- The president of DESA-Dubrovnik participated in the electoral assembly of the Croatian Network for Rural Development on Friday, September 4th 2015 in office of Public Institution „National Park Krka“ in Drnis. The Assembly was organized in the framework of a series of events: meetings of the Steering Committee, discussion on the strategy of local development / CLLD strategy, participation in the 2nd International Festival of ham – Drniš 2015, and ended with the electoral session of the CRDN.
- DESA-Dubrovnik participated in the sixth Kinookus Food Film Festival where it presented its traditional products. Kinookus FFF was held in Ston from 3rd to 9th September under the overall theme of “Bread and spirit”.
- DEŠA-Dubrovnik presented its work and achievements through the STEP program during the Evening of associations held on August 27th 2015 in Mokosica. Evening of associations was organized by the European house Dubrovnik through the project Youth club DRITO.
Representatives of DESA – Dubrovnik participated in a social entrepeneurship seminar with a topic „Dare to change“ which was held in Palermo (Sicily) between July 19th and 27th 2015.
DESA – Dubrovnik is a partner in the project with a same name ( „Dare to change“ ) as the seminar held. The purpose of the seminar was to introduce young people with the term social entrepeneurship and to encourage them to deal with the presented term. Representatives of ten partner countries took part in the seminar. Besides croatian partners, representatives of Italy, Norwey, Spain, Portugal, Bulgary, Greece, Jordan, Eygipt and Tounis were present at the seminar.
DESA – Dubrovnik participated in a round table „Examples of good practice and exchange of experiences between regional Local Employment Partnerships“ which was held in Dubrovnik on July 16th 2015 within the implementation of project O.P.E.R.A.
DESA – Dubrovnik is an active member of the Partnership Council for the labor market and human resources development of Dubrovnik – Neretva County.
Office for NGOs of the Croatian Government in cooperation with DEŠA – Dubrovnik, organized one-day specialized workshop for writing project proposals for the next term ( September 1st 2015) as a part of Europe for Citizens Programme 2014-2020.
Europe for Citizens Programme 2014-2020 aims to promote active European citizenship, to strengthen citizen participation in the European Union, directly influencing its strategies and policies, and is intended for local and regional governments, organizations of civil society and other non-profit organizations, such as educational, cultural and research institutions.
The workshop was held on July 8th in Dubrovnik in Lazareti, and was attended by numerous representatives of local and regional government and non-governmental organizations.
- DESA – Dubrovnik participated in the presentation of traditional products for potential entrepreneurs, which was held on April 21st in Dubrovnik, and organized by the Administrative Department for Tourism, Maritime, Trade and Energy. DEŠA is a partner of the Dubrovnik-Neretva County in the project “Rural Dubrovnik-Neretva quality” which represents a regional label quality of traditional products from Dubrovnik-Neretva County. The purpose of this project is protection, preservation and promotion of traditional products, in order to encourage their production, raising the quality and the best possible placement on the market. DEŠA’s company DEŠAPRO doo got the label “Rural Dubrovnik-Neretva Quality” for its arancini and almonds coated in sugar.
- DESA – Dubrovnik participated at the first Croatian Rural Parliament, which took place from April 16th to 18th, in Baranja. The Parliament was organized by Croatian Network for Rural Development, in which DEŠA is also a member. The goal of the national Rural Parliament is to accept the voice of rural communities, where residents have the opportunity to influence policy and the implementation of rural development, and to strengthen the links and partnerships. With joint action, we tried to achieve the possibilities and prospects of development of rural areas, to share experiences and to show examples of good practice and encourage the rural population to the fellowship and action for the development of their communities in the period of 2014th-2020th year.
- The Associations “Dubrovnik orange” and “Chrobatia” held workshops “Good governance civil society” and “Financial management in the nonprofit sector” on April 16th the Open University Ploče. Ana Cvjetković, Office manager of DEŠA-Dubrovnik and president of Dubrovnik orange, spoke on these topics from the perspective of these two associations whose member she’s been for many years. She was speaking on the new laws and regulations, and representatives of associations were most interested in patterns that DESA has developed in order to facilitate their own business, and how to avoid mistakes and to deal with the discrepancies in the legislation. Laws namely, treat civil society organizations as one non-profit organization, which they really should be, and on the other hand they belong to shoulder subjects of profit sector. For example, since the last workshop, which was held in Dubrovnik in late March, civil society organizations have been able to achieve that the deadline for registration of economic activity moved from the end of March to the end of September 2015. For now, CSOs can only hope that in the meantime will be crystallized at which associations this rule applies.In fact, most of them feel it is wrong to impose reporting of economic activity and all that it entails for small associations that organize the workshops, for example, disadvantaged people, in which participants acquire new skills and usefully spend their time, and afterwards, occasional sale of the resulting products. But how to ensure that the association is not in a privileged position in comparison with a small manufacturer, who produces these same items and products without paid all required taxes and benefits. It is an issue that further complicates this subject, as for those who make the laws, so for those on whom these laws has been implemented. Workshops were held as a part of the E-DUTEKA – strengthening the capacity of CSOs from Dubrovnik-Neretva County, which is co-financed by the European Social Fund and the Office for Cooperation with NGOs.
- The representatives of DEŠA participated in the first partnership meeting in Bologna, in the framework of the project “ Social & Solidarity Economy as Development Approach for Sustainability (SSEDAS) and EYD 2015 and beyond – The social and solidarity economy as a developmental approach to sustainable development in the European Year 2015 and beyond. The meeting was held on April 14th-15th and the topic of the meeting was developmental activities, project guidelines and duties of partners. The project will last for 3 years, with involved 23 partners from 23 countries and 46 territories will be embraced. The main objective of the project is to contribute to a coherent and comprehensive response to the global challenges of eradicating poverty, encouraging sustainable development, ensuring a decent life for all, by the year 2030.
- DEŠA’s representative participated at the 8th Job Fair, organized by Croatian Employment Service – Regional office Dubrovnik. Job fair was held for the area of Dubrovnik-Neretva County in the assembly hall of the University of Dubrovnik , on April 10th 2015. The Fair was opened by the Minister of Labour and Pension System Ph.D. Mirando Mrsić MD. The aim of the fair was to enable better matching of supply and demand, strengthening employment partnerships of all stakeholders involved in the development of the regional labor market and thus contribute to the accessibility and exchange of information among all relevant actors.
- After Opuzen and Metković, the association Dubrovnik orange and Association Chrobatia held workshops “Good governance civil society” and “Financial management in the non-profit sector” on March 30th 2015, in the premises of Dura- Development Agency of the City of DubrovnikAna Cvjetković, president of Dubrovnik orange and office manager of DESA-Dubrovnik was explaining how to implement changes that require a new Law on Associations and the Law on financial operations and accounting of non-profit organizations. She presented examples of good practice as well as the errors that she encountered with in her many years of work in the nonprofit sector.Although with the new legislations, the Government is trying to restore order in the nonprofit sector, often it turns out that due to the vagueness of the law or different interpretations of the same law by the different institutions, people who work or volunteer in NGOs do not know what to do. Bookkeeping services in smaller communities do not find interest in the further training of its employees for this type of business and the employees and members of associations are mostly left alone. This is the reason why education in the E-DUTEKA has been largely concerned with precisely this issue.On this occasion, Ms Daniel Vrdoljak Svilokos, program coordinator of the Foundation Kajo Dadić, presented tenders for financing projects and programs of civil society organizations in 2015, in which the Foundation operates as an implementing body. She explained who and under what conditions may apply to these calls for proposals.The workshops were held as a part of the project E-DUTEKA – strengthening the capacity of CSOs in Dubrovnik-Neretva County, and have been co-financed by the European Social Fund and the Office for Cooperation with NGOs.
- Within the implementation of the project E-DUTEKA – strengthening the capacity of civil society organizations in Dubrovnik-Neretva county, conducted by the Association Dubrovnik orange and Association Chrobatia was organized the workshop “Good governance civil society” and “Financial management in the nonprofit sector” on March 15th, in the gallery of the City cultural center of Metković.The workshops Ana Cvjetković, president of Dubrovnik orange and office manager of DESA-Dubrovnik was explaining how to implement the changes required by the new Law on Associations: adjustment of the statute and other documents that associations must have, to the financial plan. However, although the need to have different records, the forms in which such data can be stored either do not exist or are not available to small organizations. Therefore, DEŠA to facilitate business, create their own forms that adapt business and non-profit organizations were present on this occasion the representatives of NGOs from Metkovic and its surroundings. Special attention Ms Cvjetković devoted to the errors for which NGO projects often fall in tenders, or their reports for already implemented projects were rejected, why sometimes the association must return the money, even though the projects were properly implemented.Manager of the foundation Kajo Dadic, Ms Rada Mužinić, on this occasion presented tenders for financing projects and programs of civil society organizations in 2015, in which the Foundation operates as an implementing body. She explained who and under what conditions may apply to these calls for proposals.After Opuzen and Metković, workshops will be held in Dubrovnik, on Monday, March 30th, in the premises of the Development Agency of the City of Dubrovnik – DURA, starting at 16 hours.
- Gael Gottwald, creative director of ArtOmat and Romana Hansal, a member of the humanitarian and peacekeeping organization DEŠA, moderated a workshop on Social Entrepreneurship, inclusion, cultural and artistic projects as initiators of new forms of cooperation within the community. Workshop was organized by the Office for Dubrovnik candidacy for the European Capital of Culture, on March 9th, at the Gallery Otok (ARL). At the workshop was discussed how the use creativity as a tool for solving social problems, raising awareness and inclusiveness, and to see opportunities instead of problems and create a society that encourages creativity of each individual and, at the same time, raises the entrepreneurial spirit. We want to think about social entrepreneurship as a model for development of the future society in which entrepreneurship has been used for social benefits, not just for profit goals. In other words, the profit generated is used for the benefit of the community and sustainable development.
Within the project E-DUTEKA, which has been implemented by the associations “ Dubrovnik orange” and “Chrobatia”, the workshop “Good governance and strengthening the capacities of local civil society organizations” was held on February 23rd, 2015, in the City Hall in Opuzen.
The president of Dubrovnik orange and longtime head of DESA-Dubrovnik office, Ana Cvjetković, spoke about the financial operations of NGOs and adaptations of the Statutes and documents to the new laws and regulations. She quoted DEŠA’s experience as an example of good practice, but also presented mistakes and obstacles which the associations encounter with. She spoke also about (not) adjustment of Croatian laws to non-profit organizations, which Croatian legislation still not fully recognize as a separate entity. more info
- The representatives of DEŠA – Dubrovnik participated in the one-day manifestation within the Mimosa Festival, at the event small feast of oranges, which is organized by the association Ruke from Herceg Novi. This event took place on February 21st in Herceg Novi.
- The representatives of DEŠA – Dubrovnik participated in the education for business ambassadors which was organized by the Cooperative for ethical banking in Samobor on February 18th and 19th. Education included the presentation materials on Cooperative ethical banking, basic concepts and principles of ethical banking and corporate social responsibility.
DESA’s representative, Mrs Ana Cvjetković, participated in the discussion organized by the Office for Cooperation with NGOs on the occasion of the completion of the process of contracting of projects from the IPA 2011 “Strengthening support for civil society organizations to increase good governance and transparency in public administration”.
Discussion on the topic “Contribution of the civil society fighting corruption and reforming the public administration” was held on February 5th 2015, at the House of Europe in Zagreb.
The purpose of the debate was to bring the public closer to the goals of projects of organizations, which implementation started in early 2015, which should contribute directly to achieving strategic goals in the area of combating corruption and public administration reform. DESA is the project leader in ‘Urban planning 4 citizens’ which has been contracted through this program.
Associations DEŠA – Dubrovnik and Dubrovnik orange applied their famous jam of bitter orange in the competition for the best jam made from citrus fruits – The World’s Original Marmalade Awards 2015. Dubrovnik jam will be competing in the category of best Seville marmalade.
The type of orange, which is in the British Isles known as bitter Seville’s orange, for us is well-known as Dubrovnik bitter orange. Jam made of bitter orange will compete in the category of the best international jam.
The competition is held in Penrith, in the United Kingdom, and the prize will be awarded at the festival of marmalades, which will be held in this small British town, from February 28th to March 1st. This year’s awards ceremony is also the jubilee tenth edition of this event.
- Representatives of DEŠA, participated in the promotion of brochures and maps of the cross-border area of Dubrovnik-Neretva County and the Bay of Kotor, as a part of the “Days of the landscape” of the EU project Heritage – engine of growth, which was held on January 28th 2015 in the premises of the Student Theatre Lero in Lazareti.
The meeting of the Managing Board of the cluster KOLO was held on January 17th in Vukovar. The cluster includes 12 women entrepreneurs, who produce different products from Dubrovnik to Vukovar. The aim of this meeting in Vukovar was planning cluster activities for this year and getting acquainted with the members of the cluster Women veterans’ co-operative “Medene ruke” from Vukovar. One of the priorities is to realize as soon as possible the visual identity, logo, packaging and the finished product for a joint presentation.
It was decided that till the next meeting of the Managing Board, the new members will not be received, but only to consider the new products that come on the recommendations of its constituent members. It was emphasized that all products within the cluster must have a declaration and controlled origin.
The next meeting of the Managing Board of the cluster will be held in Sinj, when members will visit the 10th Fair of prosciutto on March 28th – 29th 2015. The premises for the cluster should be ready until then, and it will be the opportunity for ribbon cutting and open clusters premises in Sinj.
The patients suffering from psychosis who are beneficiaries of the re-socialization of the Day Hospital Psychiatric Department General Hospital Dubrovnik, visited DESA’s premises on January 15th and got acquainted with the activities of DEŠA and its team.
- DESA – Dubrovnik has started with implementation of the project “Urban planning for Citizens” (Spatial planning for citizens), funded by the European Union under IPA Component I – Transition Assistance and Institution Building, through the call for proposals IPA 2011 Strengthening the role of civil society in enhancing transparency and good governance in public administration of the Republic of Croatia. The contracting authority for the implementation of the project is the Central Finance and Contracting Agency, and the overall value of the project amounts 625,000.00 kn. more info