- Mrs Jany Hansal, president of DESA, represented the City of Dubrovnik at the Forum „Dynamic cities need women“, that was held in Brussels from December 2nd to 6th. The organizers of this Forum were State for Equal Opportunities of the Brussels Capital Region and The Metropolis – Women International Network, Canada. About 600 participants from more than 70 countries participated at this Forum. There have been realized 20 workshops on different topics. Within the workshop „Urban environment challenges“ on the topic „Disasters and reconstruction“, one of the speakers was Mrs Hansal. She gave a presentation on actions and role of women during the Homeland war in Croatia. Her presentation aroused great interest and lots of participants were interested in possible cooperation with the City of Dubrovnik and DESA-Dubrovnik.
- On December 3rd DESA organized at its premises the workshop on autochthonous delicacies. The participants of this workshop were the pupils from the primary school „Ivan Gundulic“ Dubrovnik. During the workshop the children learned how to make a traditional Christmas carol from Dubrovacko primorje (dried figs and olive branches), as well as the traditional song. They also had an opportunity to be acquainted with the cooking of the jam made of sour oranges and arancini. This workshop was organized within the implementation of the project „DESA’s Educational Centre for youth“ that has been financed by the Ministry of education, science and sports.
- On December 11th DESA-Dubrovnik organized a workshop „How to find funding resources“. This workshop was held at DESA’s premises and lecturer was Mr. Nenad Vakanjac from SVIMS Zagreb. This workshop was held within the implementation of the project „Together for better“, which has been financed by the National Foundation for Civil Society Development. The workshop was attended by numerous representatives from different associations from Dubrovnik region.
- DESA organized the presentation of the program „Centre for Responsible Tourism of Adriatic Region“ on December 19th, at its premises. This program has been financed by the Italian Ministry of foreign affairs, and DESA has been implementing it in co-operation with the association COSPE, Firenza, Region Marche and the Secretariate for Adriatic, Ancona. The program leader is Mr. Paolo Rotoni, who is in charge of the Secretariate for Adriatic, and he participated at this presentation personally. Mrs. Jany Hansal gave a detailed presentation to the all present, and Mr. Rotoni was assisting her. Dubrovnik Centre for Responsible Tourism of Adriatic Region will provide the more intense cross-border co-operation and interaction with other stakeholders of responsible tourism. It will start with new, future initiatives based on economy improvement by means of local resources valorisation. This presentation was attended by all local stakeholders of this program: the representatives of local authorities, relevant institutions and all interested citizens.
- DEŠA – Dubrovnik has organized a workshop for its members on Strategic planning at DESA’s premises from November 28th to 30th. The lecturer was Mrs. Nives Radeljic from the organization SVIMA Zagreb. DESA has started with this process of a great importance for further development of our organization.
- Implementing the project: “By means of education to health and social inclusion“ Deša Dubrovnik in co-operation with Croatian organization of the Nurses, branch-office of Centre of the Health Dubrovnik, organized in Postranje, Dubrovnik’s Župa, lecture on the topic „Quality of life and risks“.
- From the November 19th, DEŠA started with Art Workshop, which is conduced by young academic artist Lena Kramarić from Zagreb. The great interest was shown for educational programmes of this course.
- The Patchwork Club members, from Deša, organized first of this year Christmas theme exhibition in City Library. Name of the exhibition is „To Meet Holidays“. Exhibition is traditionally well visited, and the dimensions of patchwork’s objects speak about how many time, patience, effort and skills was needed for composition. Exhibition is open every workday in morning and afternoon hours.
- DEŠA in co-operation with Croatian organization of the Nurses, branch-office of Centre of the Health Dubrovnik and Institution for public health organized lecture about „AIDS“. Lecture took place at the Deša’s premises in Lazareti. It was held on the November 30th, at 6 p.m. This is a disease of the modern time so the response of our citizens was great, and they got information about transmission, protection and life with infected.
- In co-operation with the Association for promotion, growing, protection and manufacture of the fruits of wild orange „Dubrovnik orange“, DEŠA-Dubrovnik organized First Croatian Festival of jams and marmalades. The Festival was held from October 5th to October 7th, at DESA’s premises in Dubrovnik. This manifestation aroused great interest of local population as well as tourists visiting Dubrovnik. More than 20 exibitors participated with 70 different products. The general sponsor of the Festival was the Government of the Republic of Croatia. The sponsors and co-organizers were the Ministry of agriculture, forestry and water management and the City of Dubrovnik.
- The First Croatian Festival of jams and marmalades is direct result of the project „Jam made of wild oranges from Dubrovnik region“. DEŠA-Dubrovnik has been implementing this project for almost a year with financial support of the Ministry of agriculture, forestry and water management and the City of Dubrovnik.
- The representatives of the Libertas Foundation from San Pedro, California, granted 11 scholarships (total 11.000,00 USD) from the Foundation of „Ante and Evelyn Mrgudic“, to the pupils from secondary schools for crafts, located in Dubrovnik – neretva county, for the school year 2007/2008. This event took place at DESA’s premises on September 3rd.
- Within the implementation of the project „By means of education to health and social inclusion“ which has been financed by the Ministry of health and social care and Dubrovnik-neretva county, in co-operation with Croatian association of nurses-branch office Dubrovnik, DEŠA-Dubrovnik organize a lecture on the topic „The quality of living and risks“. The lecture was held on September 20th at DESA’s premises. After the lecture, the nurses checked blood pressure and fatness in blood of all people who attended the lecture.
- In co-operation with the Croatian association of nurses – branch office Dubrovnik, DEŠA-Dubrovnik organized a lecture on the topic „Diabetes“. This lecture was organized within the implementation of the project „By means of education to health and social inclusion“ which has been financed by the Ministry of health and social care and Dubrovnik-neretva county. The lecturer was dr. Blaženka Topčić from Split. After the lecture, all present people had the opportunity to check the level of their suggar in blood.
- At the invitation of East West Institute from Dubrovnik, Mrs. Jany Hansal, the president of DEŠA, took part at the work of World Leaders Symposium, that was held from September 24th to October 5 in Venice and the Dalmatian coast. Mrs. Hansal participated at the panel that was held on September 29th in Dubrovnik. At the panel were discussed the issues concerning life, work, co-operation and problems in this region.
- The representatives from the American Embassy in Republic of Croatia paid a friendly visit to DESA. Mrs Jany Hansal gave them an informative lecture on DESA’s work.
- Within the implementation of the project “Education of community for civil society”, that is financed by the National foundation for civil society development and the City of Dubrovnik, DESA organized a workshop on web design. This workshop was held at DESA’s premise from August 31st to September 1st, and it was attended by 10 representatives of the associations from the City of Dubrovnik.
- Within the presentation of the project „By the education to health and social inclusion“, DESA organized a lecture on „Health and working ability“. DESA has been implementing this project in co-operation with the Ministry of health and social care. The lecture was held at DESA’s premises on July 4th and lecturer was dr. Boris Sokal.
- At the meeting that took place on July 13th Mrs Jany Hansal gave thorough report on the implementation of the project „Education of the community for the civil society“ to the members of the Coordination group for realization of the Social programe of the City of Dubrovnik and representatives of the Board for the social activities of the City of Dubrovnik. This project has been financed by the National foundation for civil society development and the City of Dubrovnik.
- On July 12th and 13th, the representative of CESPI, Italy, Mr. Dario D’Urso, paid visit to DESA in order to make interviews with local stakeholders and project partners on the project „Local development poles“. DEŠA successfully implemented this project in co-operation with SVIM Ancona and Marche Region during 2005 and 2006. The topics of the interviews were: social and economic development of the regions, strengthening of partnership between Marche region and Dubrovnik-neretva county, capacity building and consistence of the Italian project with other means of co-operation in European Union.
- DESA’s representative, Mr. Jany Hansal, took part at the Agricultural conference 2007, that was held in Zadar from July 17th to 18th. This conference was organized by Ministry of agriculture, forestry and water. During the course of the conference Mrs. Hansal presented DESA’s achievements in implementation of the project „Jam made of wild oranges from Dubrovnik“, financed by the Ministry of agriculture, forestry and water.
- During the month of June, the members of DESA’s patchwork club held a workshop on patchwork techniques at Marijin dom in Cavtat. Ten participants successfully passed through this workshop and finalized it by making a baby quilt.
- Praxis Peace Institute from California organized the conference „Transforming culture“ that was held in Cavtat. On June 7th the participants of this conference visited DESA’s premises. Mrs Jany Hansal gave them a lecture on DESA’s work and DESA’s members organized casual party for the guests.
- DESA organized workshop for the representatives of NGO-s form the City of Dubrovnik on the topic „Strategic planning as a base for project proposals“. This workshop was held at DESA’s premise from June 27th to 28th and was conducted by Mrs. Lidija Pavić Rogošić from ODRAZ Zagreb. The workshop was organized within the implementation of the project „Education of the community for civil society“, financed by the National foundation for civil society development.
- DESA’s patchwork club set an patchwork exibition from June 27th to July 10th at the premises of the National Library in Dubrovnik. This exibition has already been presented at the International patchwork festival in Briancone, France, during the course of the previous month, and it gained a significant success.
- DESA’s representatives Mrs. Jany Hansal and Mrs. Ana Cvjetkovic, attented the informative meeting organized by National Foundation for Civil Society Buliding. This meeting was held on May 5th, in Zagreb.
- Within the implementation of the project “Together for better”, that has been financed by National Foundation for Civil Society Building, DESA organized a workshop on the topic “Management of the project cycle”. The lecturer was Mrs Lidija Pavic, from the association “Odraz” Zagreb. The workshop was attended by numerous representatives from the associations from the City of Dubrovnik, and it was held at DESA’s premises on May 9th and 10th.
- On May 10th the representatives of CCFD, Paris, Mrs. Julie Biro and Mr. Hocine Tafferant, paid friendly visit to DESA’s premises.CCFD is one of the oldest friend and associate of DESA.
- The pupils from primary school “Marin Getaldić” from Dubrovnik with the guidance of their teacher Mrs. Snjezana Viteskic, made an installation at DESA’s premises on May 11th. This instalation is made by the pupils from the 1st grade and it represents a globe. This event was on the occasion of the Day of the planet Earth. The pupils from the fourth grade joined them with occasiona performance.
- Two DESA’s representatives (members of DESA’s Patchwork club) took part at the International Festival of Patchwork, that was held from May 17th to 21st in Briancon, France. DESA’s memebers represented DESA, Dubrovnik and Croatia, in dignifying maner and they were the only participants from Croatia.
- DESA’s representative, Mrs. Jany Hansal, took part at the meeting of the Croatian Network for rural development, that took place on May 24th in Zagreb.
- Mr. Bill Garland, deputuy director of CSV London, paid friendly visit to DESA’s premises.
- DESA’s representative, Mrs. Jany Hansal participated at II Congess of women entrepreneurs of Adriatic-Ionic region, that took place from May 30th to 31st in Ancona, Italy. During the course of the congress Mrs. Hansal held a presentation on the topic “Stimulation of women’s entrepreneurship through DESA’s projects”, which gained a big success amongst the participants of the congress.
- From March 26th to April 6th the traditional Easter workshops of palm knitting and egg painting took place at DESA’s premises. Under the supervision of the trainers, numerous kids from pre-schools and primary schools, as well as pupils from secondary schools, eagerly were trying to acquire these traditional skills.
- In co-operation with Valamar Hotels, DESA organized traditional Easter workshops of palm knitting and egg painting for the guests of Valamar Hotels. These workshops were held at the premises of Hotel Minčeta from April 4th to 7th, and they aroused great interest amongst hotel guests.
- On the occasion of the Day of Planet Earth the Ecological group from Dubrovnik Grammar school organized an exibition of their works at DESA’s premises.The exibition was held from April 20th to May 2nd and it was visited by numerous pupils and citizens of Dubrovnik. Ecological group was led by Mrs. Vesna Kljunak, prof.
- Within the presentation of the City of Dubrovnik that was held in Salzburg, Austria, from April 19th to 22nd, DESA’s representatives took an active part. Ith their exibition and workshop they contributed to the presentation of the City of Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik -neretva county and DESA as well.
- Within the implementation of the project “Together for better”, that was approved to DESA by National Foundation for civil society development, was organized a workshop on “financial and accounting business of the associations”. A great number of representatives from associations took part at this workshop. Trainer was Mrs. Evica Borcic, from SVIMA Zagreb. The workshop gained a great success.
- In co-operation with Mary’s home Cavtat, DESA organized and exibition of patchwork. This exibition was held at the premises of Mary’s home Cavtat, and it was open from April 26th to May 7th.
- On March 5th DESA has started with its educational activities : foreign language courses (Italian, English, German and French), sewing and tayloring courses, patchwork, weaving etc.
- DESA’s representative acitvely participated in presentation of Dubrovnik-neretva county at the “First Tourism Fair” that was held from March 7th to March 11th in Split.
- With celebration at our premises, DESA denoted the International Women’s Day, March 8th. Numerous members of DESA, fellow citizens, representatives of the most-influential political parties and representatives of local authorities attended this traditional event.
- Within the implementation of the project “Technical support for the associations registered at the territory of the City of Dubrovnik”, DESA organized an informatics course on excel and courseon writing a project proposals for the members of the associations. Both courses were etremely well attended by the representatives of associations.
- From March 15th-17th, the workshop on jam production was held at DESA’s premises. The workshop was conducted by Mrs Vlasta Pilizota, prof. from Faculty of food technology, Osijek.
- This workshop has been organized within the implementation of the project “The jam made of wild oranges from Dubrovnik”. DESA also organized a meeting at the island of Lopud. Working group, Mr. pavle Bakarić, Mrs. Vlasta Pilizota, Mrs. Jany Hansal and Mr. Antun Kotlar, informed the inhabitants of Lopud on the possibilities of growing wild oranges and production of jam.
- In co-operation with the French Alliance in Dubrovnik, DESA organized the presentation of the book “French women do’nt get fat?” by Mireille Guilliano at DESA’s premises on March 16th.
- Due to the great interest shown from the fellow-citizens, DESA has started with its computer courses at the begining of February. Moreover, within the implementation of the project “Technical support to the Associations registered at the teeritory of the City of Dubrovnik”, DESA organized workshops on informatics, and during the course of the February 15 representatives from associations attended these workshops at DESA’s premises.
- In February, DESA also gave one PC as a donation to the Association “Lukjernica”. This donation was given to the “Lukjernica” in order to facilitate the work of their members.
- At the begining of February DESA started with the course of Latin language. This course is designed for the Grammar school pupils and lecturer is reverend Robert Ćibarić.
- Within the implementation of the project “The jam made of wild oranges from Dubrovnik” DESA organized the first seminar on production of jam and marmelade. This seminar took place at DESA’s premises. DESA’s members participated in this seminar as well as the representatives of the Faculty of food technology from Osijek, Mrs. Vlasta Pilizota, prof. and Mrs. Ljiljana Primorac, prof.
- DESA took part in conference on the Regional operative programme for Dubrovnik-neretva county, that was held on January 16th 2007. At this conference, the proposal, suggestions and amendments of the ROP were thorougly discussed. This strategic document of the utmost importance is coming closer to its final version, most likely at the begining of February.
- DESA – Dubrovnik took active part in the humanitarian action of gathering financial funds in order to buy an appartment in Zagreb for children with chronic diseases from Dubrovnik. DESA contributed to this humanitarian action with the payment of 5.000,00 kuna. This action has been organized by the association “Zajedno do zdravlja”, that managed to get this appartement in Zagreb for free till the end of the year 2007.
- The foundation “Ana Rukavina” organized the action of registering potential donors of bone marrow for the recently founded Blood bank. This event was held on January 26th and 27th. DESA joined this action, not only by giving the blood, but also with the exibition sale, and entire income was paid into the account of the “Ana Rukavina” Foundation.
- DESA participated at the Fair of traditional crafts, that was organized by the City of Dubrovnik on the occassion of Saint Blaise’s festival.
- Pupils from the primary school “Marin Drzic”, within their regular school plan, visited DESA in order to study the history and the origin of the national costume from the island of Mljet.
- DESA organized traditional workshops of palm knitting, egg painting and silk embroidery for the pupils of the Commercial school and their guests from the primary school Brezice, Slovenia.