- DEŠA organize a Christmas fair and exhibition in cooperation with Croatian – French Society.
- DEŠA organized an “open house” welcome for the participants of the Japanese Peace Boat mission.
- Start of autumn courses in computer skills, Italian and English language and sewing.
- DEŠA presented its activities and exhibits its crafts in the Council of Europe Headquarters in Strassbourg, France, during the autumn session of the European Parliament.
- DEŠA received forty members of the Croatian International Youth gathering.
- DEŠA organized a week-long weaving course.
- DEŠA made a presentation on silk production during the Dubrovnik County promotion at the Hotel Excelsior.
- DEŠA received a gift of two computers from Monumental Oil and Gas plc, London.
- DEŠA organized an exhibition of members, handicrafts at the Dubrovnik President Hotel, organized by the Dubrovnik Town Hall.
- DEŠA made a gift of a knitting machine to the Center for Work Therapy in Dubrovnik.
- DEŠA organized fund raising and material aid for women of Kosovo delivered through the Red Cross channels.
- With the help of the Canadian Embassy in Zagreb and Open Society Institute of Budapest DEŠA organized its first computer training course.
- April 27th, 1999 – DEŠA’s Annual General Meeting
- DEŠA organize its Easter workshop in woven palm decorations and egg painting.
- Start of spring courses: sewing and Italian language
- DEŠA welcomed the visit of the Japanese organization Peace Boat calling in Dubrovnik on their cruise around the world.
- DEŠA participated in the seminar on “Education of educators” organized by the National Institute for the Protection of Family, Youth and Motherhood in Tuheljske toplice, Croatia.
- Graduation ceremony for the participants of the autumn courses series