- DEŠA organized its Christmas Fair, which presented for the first time, a variety of local gastronomic products in DEŠA’s own special packaging.
- DEŠA participated in the round table on the situation of cultural institutions in Croatia (Trakoscan), organized by the Ministry of Culture.
- DEŠA participated at the International Congress of Women in Paris, organized by SOS Paris.
- DEŠA participated in the workshop of women’s non-governmental associations and media organized by the American Foundation Delphi Starr International, in Zagreb.
- DEŠA participated at the round table “The role of women in society today” in Nantes, France.
- DEŠA participated in the Forum of Women of the Mediterranean organized by the Inter-University Center in Dubrovnik
- DEŠA organized a three days conference under the title “My place in local community” .
- The start of autumn courses: sewing and English and Italian language.
- Bad news: fires raging in the Konavle area destroy seventhy percent of the kokuso trees which DEŠA had supplied to the participants of its silk project.
- DEŠA was honoured by the visit of the Canadian Minister of Culture.
- DEŠA was honoured by the visit of Her Excellency Madame Leni Fischer, the President of the European Parliament.
- DEŠA received a fax machine from the Italian organization Cooperazione Italiana.
- DEŠA presented members’ handicrafts at the exhibition organized by the Town Hall, in Bled, Slovenia.
- DEŠA participated at two gatherings of women of Croatia: the first Convention of Women of Croatia organized by the Rovinj Women Initiative under the patronage of the Ministry of Labour and Social Care and the gathering Woman-Woman’s Friend, organized in Sinj by the women of Split.
- DEŠA organized an Easter decoration workshop.
- 3 April 1998 DEŠA organized a celebration for the opening of our new space.
- The start of spring courses: weaving and English and Italian language