- Christmas exhibition of DEŠA’s handicrafts.
- DEŠA received financial support for its silk project from the Presbyterian Church of Scotland.
- With the funds provided by the Croatian TV fund raising campaign DEŠA organized a visit to the South of France, to collect 1000 mulberry tree saplings in Cevennes, France.
- 13th November 1996 – The first saplings were planted in the southernmost village of Croatia, (Vitaljina, near Prevlaka).
- DEŠA organized a new weaving course and a workshop on Christmas decoration.
- The new programme of training courses included:
- sewing courses for approx. 60 participants
- weaving and machine knitting courses for 30 participants
- English language course for 25 participants
- German language course for 30 participants.
- DEŠA organized a workshop on hobbies conducted by Maria Luz Urrechz, Head of the School of Hobbies from Basque country, Spain.
June 1996 – Hamburg, Germany
- Exhibition and sale of DEŠA’s handicraft organized by Mrs. Michaela Sauber in Hambrug, Germany.
- DEŠA organized an exhibition of handwork and of the first locally produced silk.
- DEŠA was the co-organizer of the Croatian Humanitarian Network’s (HMH) meeting on Civilian war victims and their suffering in Dubrovnik.
- DEŠA participated in the round table in Zagreb, on the problems of Poverty in Croatia.
May 1996 – Stralsund, Germany
- DEŠA took part in the work of a Conference on rural tourism in Stralsund at the invitation and expense of the European House of Germany.
- DEŠA received initial funds for its silk project from Women’s World Day of Prayer of Stein, Germany.
- DEŠA organized a number of lectures on silk worm growing conducted by the representatives of the French organization SERICA.
- DEŠA participated in the seminar Trauma and Stress in Zagreb, organized by the American association Umbrella Grant from New York.
- Croatian National Television in Zagreb, presented DEŠA’s silk project and launched a fund raising campaign for the purchase of the first mulberry plants.
- DEŠA made a presentation of its project for the revival and the development of silk production to visiting representatives of German humanitarian organizations.
- DEŠA organized its second sewing course.
- DEŠA helped Dubrovnik Theatre in the restoration of the costumes.
- DEŠA received financial support for its 1996 activity’s programme from the World Council of Churches – EWSF – Geneva.
- DEŠA participated in the meeting on the “Role of humanitarian organizations in the process of the return of displaced persons” in Osijek, Croatia.
- DEŠA organized a German language course.
- DEŠA organized health-counseling programme for women beneficiaries of its programmes, under the guidance of an expert.